Independent Alternative Investment Advisors since 2010:
“We provide independent hedge fund advisory services to investors seeking long-term,
truly unbiased, sophisticated services.”
RIVA at a Glance
- Tailor-made portfolios
- Single manager hedge fund selection
- Discretionary mandates
- White label
- Proprietary due diligence and research
- Capital preservation as primary objective
- Superior risk-adjusted returns
- Disciplined and repeatable process
- Proactive talent sourcing
- UHNW individuals
- Family offices
- Pension funds
- 20 + years expertise in hedge fund investments
- Extensive industry network and coverage
- Talent identification and and selection
- Access to high-profile closed funds
- Integrity – No conflict of interest
/ market view
- Overview of current macro environment + outlook
- Best / worst strategies & themes + tactical allocation
- Idea sourcing & screening: RIVA’s proprietary network, industry news, databases
- Data / docs collection
& due diligence
- Qualitative research & due diligence
- Onsite Visits
- Operational analysis
- Macro scenario analysis
- Quantitative analysis
- Operational issues
- Macro changes
- Black list (confidential and proprietary)
- by risk profile
- by liquidity profile
- Founding Partner of RIVA Capital S.A. in September 2010, in charge of asset allocation, fund selection and manager analysis, including on site due diligence, and client relations.
- Prior to forming RIVA Capital S.A. Mr. Almaleh served as Partner, Director and Head of Hedge Advisory Group with Banque Syz & Co until August 2010. Responsibilities included hedge fund selection, asset allocation for discretionary alternative mandates and client relations. Mr. Almaleh joined Banque Syz & Co in 2003 as an Executive Vice President after 15 years in the same field with HSBC Republic (Republic National Bank of New York until 1999), initially in New York, then in Geneva from 1988.
- Prior to working with Republic National Bank of New York in Geneva, he served as a relationship manager with EF Hutton in Geneva for their equities and commodities markets areas.
- Mr. Almaleh began his career in the private banking department of Trade Development Bank in Geneva.
In September 2003, Roberto Almaleh created the Hedge Advisory Group within Banque Syz & Co, the private banking unit dedicated to the specific needs of private investors wishing to invest directly in hedge funds. This Group has been highly successful, offering a unique range of services and deep knowledge of this demanding market.
The Group has contributed significantly to the development and commercial success of Syz & Co Group. In seven years, Roberto Almaleh and his group were able to raise almost CHF 8 billion in client assets due to the quality of his network and reputation in alternative investment industry, thereby positioning Syz & Co as a significant industry participant.
- Ms. Clar-Boson joined RIVA Capital in February 2014. She brings her long-dated experience in hedge fund analysis, manager selection and due diligence - since January 2002, and portfolio management skillsets - since January 2006. She started her career in the financial industry in 1999.
- From August 2009 to December 2013, Ms. Clar-Boson was previously the CEO and Founding Partner of Palladio Alternative Research Group, an independent Geneva-based hedge fund due diligence and advisory firm, with emphasis and strong expertise in healthcare and emerging talents.
- Prior to founding Palladio, she was a Senior Hedge Fund Analyst & Portfolio Manager at Optifin SA for 3 years (2006-2008), managing FOFs, with an emphasis on Healthcare, Niche strategies, Sector funds, Event-Driven and emerging managers.
- Previous to Optifin SA, she was a Senior Hedge Fund Analyst at UBP Alternative Asset Management Group for 2 years (2004-2005), in charge of Healthcare and other sector funds, niche strategies and emerging markets.
- She also served for 2 years as a Junior Hedge Fund Analyst & Investor Relations Associate at Alpstar SA (2002-2003), a Geneva-based alternative firm managing FOFs and single credit hedge funds.
- Ms. Clar-Boson started her financial career in the mutual fund industry at Synchrony Asset Management SA and ING Investment Management (1999-2001). Prior to that, she worked in the field of art, both in Geneva museums and at Christie’s.
- Ms. Clar-Boson graduated from the University of Geneva in 1998, holds a B.A. in History of Art and is a Certified Hedge Fund Professional (CHP, 2009). She also regularly wrote financial articles on sector & niche hedge fund opportunities in Swiss financial publications, including BILAN and Private Banking Magazine.
- As a Swiss citizen, she is fluent in French, English, with good knowledge of German, Spanish and Italian.
- Mr. Ghiglione is a Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) since October 2014.
- Mr. Ghiglione joined RIVA Capital S.A. in February 2011. His responsibilities include client relationship management, fund selection and manager analysis, including on site due diligence.
- From January 2004 to August 2010 Mr. Ghiglione served at Banque Syz & Co SA as Senior Vice President and was responsible for Client Relationship Management, Hedge Fund Manager visits, Client reporting, Development and the implementation of the Group’s internal HedgeFunds NAV database.
- From January to December 2003 he was responsible for Hedge Fund Analysis and selection, as well as, Mutual Funds and Structured Products Selection at Société Générale Private Banking (Suisse) S.A.
- From May to December 2002 he was Junior Hedge Fund Analyst at HSBC Private Bank (Suisse) SA within the Fundinvest group, which was founded by Mr Almaleh.
- Mr. Ghiglione earned an MSc from the Swiss Federal institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL) in the field of Microtechnology with orientation in Integrated Products. He then continued with postgraduate studies at HEC Lausanne and earned his "Certificat d’études en management".
- As an Italian and Swiss Citizen he is fluent in French, German, Italian and English and has good knowledge of Spanish.
- Mr. Valiton joined RIVA Capital S.A. in November 2014. His responsibilities include fund selection, manager analysis and on site due diligence.
- Prior to joining RIVA Capital, Mr. Valiton worked for Kreditech a "fintech" start-up company based in Hamburg. Working directly with the CFO of the company he was in charge of the corporate finance and investor relations.
- From November 2009 to March 2013, he was a Hedge Fund Advisor at Banque Syz & Co. and was responsible for managing Hedge Fund portfolios, analysing clients' portfolios, as well as, sourcing investment's ideas.
- Mr. Valiton started his financial career as a Hedge Fund Analyst at 3A S.A., in charge of fund analysis and selection, covering mainly equity long short and macro strategies.
- Mr. Valiton graduated from the Haute Ecole de Gestion of Geneva in 2006 and holds a Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc). In addition, he holds a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the IAE Business School in Buenos Aires. He is fluent in French, English and Spanish.
- Mrs. Viñas, joined RIVA Capital S.A. in June 2016 as an Executive Assistant and Office Manager. Prior to joining RIVA Capital S.A., Alessandra worked as a Client Relationship Officer for an Art Gallery (Opera Gallery in Beirut and Paris). From 2010 to 2014 she worked as an Event Manager in the Fashion Industry, Fendi and Philipp Plein in Milano. Prior to that, she was Business Provider for Gallery Sebastien Bertrand. She started her career working with Mr. Roberto Almaleh at HSBC Geneva from 2000 to 2004.
- As a Swiss citizen, Alessandra is fluent in French, English and Italian.
- Ms. Siegwart joined RIVA Capital S.A. in August 2019 as a Hedge Fund Analyst. Prior to joining RIVA Capital S.A., she spent 6 years as a Hedge Fund analyst at Kedge Capital, the investment arm of the Waypoint Group, a single family office. She was responsible for investment research on potential managers as well as analysis and monitoring of allocated managers. She joined the company in February 2013, and was first based in London and then Geneva.
- She holds a Master's degree in Finance with specialization in Financial Engineering and a Bachelor's degree in Economics from HEC Lausanne. Pauline awarded the CAIA designation in March 2015, and is fluent in French and English.
- Mr. Locher joined RIVA Capital S.A. in September 2016 as a Hedge Fund Analyst. Prior to joining RIVA Capital S.A., he worked at Nestlé Capital Management within the Quantitative Investments Team, in charge of portfolio management and development of quantitative investment strategies on equities and commodities as well as quantitative advisory services within Nestlé Capital.
- During his studies, Tobias pursued various internships at major financial institutions and advisory companies such as Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, MyPrivateBanking Research and Bankhaus Lampe. During his Master Thesis he implemented academic theories in direct collaboration with the managing partner at Encelade Capital, a systematic hedge fund.
- He holds a Master's degree in Finance with specialization in Financial Engineering and Risk Management from HEC Lausanne as well as a Bachelor's degree in Mathematical Finance from University of Konstanz. Additionally, he attended a semester abroad at HEC Montréal and intensive language courses at Fudan University in Shanghai, China (Mandarin Chinese) and at Universidad de La Habana (Spanish). Tobias is fluent in English, French, German and Spanish and has a good knowledge of Mandarin Chinese.
Leave a Message
RIVA CAPITAL S.A.Cours de Rive 5 1204 GenevaSwitzerland
T: + 41 22 818 35 25